The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
Quick links to jump to:
News & Events | Postdoc Kudos | Professional Development Offerings for Postdocs
To request a virtual appointment or for other assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
News & Upcoming Events
- JHMI renews masking requirements effective May 2, 2022 - Announcement issued April 29, 2022
- Read the announcements about COVID policies, travel guidance, and vaccinations and the flu vaccine requirement from SOM.
- JHMI broadcast email on where to get COVID booster - notice issued May 3, 2022 and updated guidance on gatherings issued May 17, 2022
- JHU Carey Business School Design Lab Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship Course - Applications Open - Postdocs are eligible to apply. For information.
- Advanced K-Grant Writing workshop - August 17. For more information about registration and the workshop.
- Congratulations to the 2022 Postdoctoral Research Accelerator Awardees. Please see Kudos section below for list of awardees.
- New Postdocs hold the date for the next New Postdoc Information Sesssion to be held by zoom on August 5th, 2:00-3:00 pm. You'll receive more information about registration later this month.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship to Promote Racial Diversity. Applications due March 1 and September 1, 2022.
Monthly Postdoc Kudos!
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Postdoctoral Research Accelerator Awardees
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is pleased to announce the 2022 Postdoctoral Research Accelerator Awardees. Please join us in congratulating them.
*Funded by a generous gift from the DuBose Fund
- Vera Dunlock, PhD, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
Project: Mapping Signaling to Understand T-Cell Exhaustion in Cancer
Faculty PI: Dr. Sergi Regot
- Inês Godet, PhD, Department of Oncology
Project: Leveraging Rapid Autopsy Data Reveals that Intratumoral Hypoxia Promotes Metastatic Liver-Organotropism in Breast Cancer
Faculty PI: Dr. Daniele Gilkes
- Hayden Hyatt, PhD, Department of Physiology
Project: Differential Functions of SFXN1 and SFN4: The Unexplored Sides of Sideroflexins
Faculty PI: Dr. Steven Claypool
- Kanghoon Jung*, PhD, Neuroscience Department
Project: Structural and Functional Plasticity of Cortical Axo-Axonic Synapses for Healthy Cognition
Faculty PI: Dr. Hyungbae Kwon
- Wathsala GH Liyange*, PhD, Department of Ophthalmology
Project: Development of Multi-Arm Anti-VEGF-Fab’/F(ab)2 for Regulation of VEGF Mediated Angiogenesis
Faculty PI: Dr. Kannan Rangaramanujam
- Alberto Marin-Gonzalez*, PhD, Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry
Project: Dynamics of the 3D Genome during Double-Strand Break Repair
Faculty PI: Dr. Taekjip Ha
- Joscelyn Mejias*, PhD, Department of Ophthalmology
Project: Age-Related Changes in the Immune Response to Synthetic Materials
Faculty PI: Dr. Jennifer Elisseeff
- Matthew Reid, PhD, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Project: Sleep as a Novel Biomarker to Predict Treatment Response to Psilocybin-Assisted Therapy
Faculty PI: Dr. Patrick Finan
- Sergio Vicencio-Jimenez*, PhD, Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Project: Elucidating the Role of Olivocochlear Efferents in Hearing Using Optogenetics
Faculty PI: Dr. Amanda Lauer
- JiaoJiao Xu, PhD, Department of Physiology
Project: Uncovering the Sex-Specific Role of Olfactory Receptor 558 in Blood Pressure Regulation
Faculty PI: Dr. Jennifer Pluznick
- Yingchao Xue, PhD, Department of Dermatology
Project: Defining the Contribution of Body-Wide Skin Stretch to Obesity-Related Inflammation
Faculty PI: Dr. Luis Garza
Support for Postdoctoral Fellows
Need Career Counseling? Sign-up for an Online Session!
We advise on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) to provide career counseling. Contact us for assistance with job application materials (resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and more.
To set up an appointment for virtual career counseling, email us at email@example.com.
Dana Boatman, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, M.B.A.
Administrator, Graduate Medical Education & Postdoctoral Programs
Senior Credentialing Specialist
Senior Administrative Coordinator
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196